The purpose of a website is to get your visitors to take some action!
If you aren’t getting people to sign up to your list, call you or buy a product what is the point of spending time and money on a website?
The critical first step on the process that ends up with that action, enquiry or a sale is to get the visitors to read your content!
Think about it for a moment!
When you look at a website, what factors affect whether you actually read some of the content or not?
- The design (layout, colour scheme, font colour, size, etc.)
- The images
- The Website Headlines
In this post I’d like to focus in on the importance of your website headlines.
What’s the purpose of a website headline?
- To get the reader to read the first sentence
A great headline usually does three things
- It should grab the readers attention
- It should contain just enough information to give the reader an ideas what the story is about
- It should offer or imply some sort of benefit to the reader.
There are lots of different headline types. Here are some examples. Please click to vote on your favourite
Join the debate, share your own favourite website headlines in the comments box below!